Eurovision 2017 – With two weeks to go to the contest, daily rehearsals start tomorrow and of course the Eurovision Times will do its best to cover them; here’s for the first rehearsals to the first half of semifinal 1: pics and vids will be officially released and we get to discuss, debate, analyze, predict…
So this is how it’ll work for the next 10 days or so: we will resume the system from the last two years. There is an article for the day’s rehearsals published in the morning (or the night before) with the calendar (this year, the new style and format of the official site don’t seem to help look for rehearsals). You can comment all day on it, based on all the info you can gather around and as soon as I can, I’ll get working on a recap article with links to pictures, videos, etc. However, I do work (even if both 1st of May and 8th of May are days off in France) so I’ll do that at the latest in the evening, sooner if possible, depending. Usually, the girls are down there and as you know, this year ET did not get a pass, so they’ll be following from here and will help publishing any news article.
So we’re all counting on you guys to post in the comment section all the links you find and discuss all material out there. Hope it works out great for everyone, and already a big cheers to all the sites who will post their own made materials.
Here’s tomorrow’s schedule: Semifinal 1 – Half 1 – First rehearsal
- 09:00-09:30 Sweden First rehearsal
- 09:40-10:10 Georgia First rehearsal
- 10:20-10:50 Australia First rehearsal
- 11:00-11:30 Albania First rehearsal
- 11:10-11:30 Sweden Press Meet & Greet
- 11:50-12:10 Georgia Press Meet & Greet
- 12:30-12:50 Australia Press Meet & Greet
- 12:40-13:10 Belgium First rehearsal
- 13:10-13:30 Albania Press Meet & Greet
- 13:20-13:50 Montenegro First rehearsal
- 14:00-14:30 Finland First rehearsal
- 14:50-15:10 Belgium Press Meet & Greet
- 15:00-15:30 Azerbaijan First rehearsal
- 15:30-15:50 Montenegro Press Meet & Greet
- 15:40-16:10 Portugal First rehearsal
- 16:20-16:40 Finland Press Meet & Greet
- 17:10-17:30 Azerbaijan Press Meet & Greet
- 17:55-18:15 Portugal Press Meet & Greet
There will therefore be 9 countries getting their first taste of the stage and first impression from it. The first rehearsal is 30 minutes long.
This is how it works. As usual, in first go, countries rarely reveal everything from their staging, definitely not the clothes. But the fans get an idea of what direction the performance is heading towards. This is mostly a rehearsal for delegations: in-ear monitoring, checking the dressing room, etc. Then the delegations check the recordings and adjust if necessarily. After this, they work on the make-up, and then the Press Meet & Greet takes place.
Usually, the official site publishes photo sets from rehearsals and a short clip (around 90 seconds) about the artist’s impressions around 40 minutes later. Last year it was not possible for any fan sites to record anything else, so you’ll have to just read what everyone there thought about it without seeing more with your own eyes (and of course hear with your own ears).