Estonia – ERR, the Estonian broadcaster, concluded the search for its entry for Rotterdam 2021 tonight, with the Grand Final of Eesti Laul, the national final. Uku Suviste won it again with “The Lucky One“!
The country revealed late in 2020 the 24 songs taking part in this year’s Eesti Laul. The semi-finals were held on February 18th and 20th with 6 acts making it out in each of them. Tonight’s show was hosted by Karl-Erik Taukar and Tõnis Niinemets. This was tonight’s line-up:
- Egert Milder – Free Again
- Suured tüdrukud – Heaven’s Not That Far Tonight
- Hans Nayna – One By One
- Ivo Linna, Robert Linna, Supernova – Ma olen siin
- Karl Killing – Kiss Me
- Uku Suviste – The Lucky One
- Sissi – Time
- Jüri Pootsmann – Magus melanhoolia
- Redel – Tartu
- Koit Toome – We Could Have Been Beautiful
- Andrei Zevakin & Pluuto – Wingman
- Kadri Voorand – Energy
In a first round of voting, the Top 3 with 50% televote and 50% juries qualified to the final, and all of them got 15pts:
- Sissi (12pts from the jury, 3pts from televote)
- Jüri Pootsmann (7pts from the jury, 8pts from televote
- Uku Suviste (3pts from the jury, 12pts from televote).
It was then 100% televote, where Uku kept his lead in televote and won it!
What do you think of this entry? What are its chances in Rotterdam?