Sweden – SVT, the national broadcaster, concluded Melodifestivalen tonight! Six weeks since it started, 28 songs later and 6 shows gone by: Tusse won with “Voices”!
This year’s Melodifestivalen was quite original. For Christer Björkman’s last MF as a producer, after he took over in 2002 and lead Sweden to two victories (and therefore Björkman to two Eurovision to produce), will see him leave with grandeur. While the Covid19 prevented him from touring around Sweden, as all shows were held at Stockholm’s Annexet hall (in the “Globe” village where one can also find the famous Ericson Globe, venue of two Eurovision), he still found a great line-up of hosts to accompagny him. He hosted all shows and was joined by guest co-hosts for each Saturday night:
- Semi-Final 1: Lena Philipsson
- Semi-Final 2: Oscar Zia & Anis Don Demina
- Semi-Final 3: Jason Diakité
- Semi-Final 4: Per Andersson & Pernilla Wahlgren
- Second Chance: Shirley Clamp
- Grand Final: Shima Niavarani & Måns Zelmerlöw
The routine weekly reveals (Thursday with 1mn audio; Friday with 30s live rehearsals) have returned as well and we got a big month discovering songs, seeing bookies react to them, see some rise and others fall.
The Finale line-up was:
- Danny Saucedo – “Dandi dansa” (Danny Saucedo, Karl-Johan Råsmark)
- Klara Hammarström – “Beat of Broken Hearts” (David Kreuger, Fredrik Kempe, Niklas Carson Mattson, Andreas Wijk)
- Anton Ewald – “New Religion” (Jonas Wallin, Joe Killington, Anton Ewald, Maja Strömstedt)
- The Mamas – “In the Middle” (Emily Falvey, Robin Stjernberg, Jimmy Jansson)
- Paul Rey – “The Missing Piece” (Fredrik Sonefors, Laurell Barker, Pauli Jokela)
- Charlotte Perrelli – “Still Young” (Thomas G:son, Bobby Ljunggren, Erik Bernholm, Charlie Gustavsson)
- Tusse – “Voices” (Joy Deb, Linnea Deb, Jimmy “Joker” Thörnfeldt, Anderz Wrethov)
- Alvaro Estrella – “Baila Baila” (Anderz Wrethov, Linnea Deb, Jimmy “Joker” Thörnfeldt)
- Clara Klingenström – “Behöver inte dig idag” (Clara Klingenström, Bobby Ljunggren, David Lindgren Zacharias)
- Eric Saade – “Every Minute” (Eric Saade, Linnea Deb, Joy Deb, Jimmy “Joker” Thörnfeldt)
- Dotter – “Little Tot” (Johanna Jansson, Dino Medanhodzic)
- Arvingarna – “Tänker inte alls gå hem” (Stefan Brunzell, Nanne Grönvall, Thomas G:son, Bobby Ljunggren)
Then the OGAE fan club served as international juries: they had Tusse winning by 10pts over Eric. Dotter was their third. One more interval act later, we got televote: 96pts for Tusse who won all age categories, 56 for The Mamas, still popular, 52 for Clara who had the momentum since the second chance, 49 for Eric, 48 for Dotter!
What do you think of this entry? What are its chances in Rotterdam?