Portugal – RTP, the national broadcaster in charge of the national final, has released the 20 songs who will take part in Festival da Canção 2021, after having revealed earlier the 20 composers. Listen to the songs now!
As usual with FdC, the composers were the first focus of the broadcaster. Earlier in the NF season, they revealed the 20 composers. While 18 composers were approached by RTP to take part, Miguel Marôco and Pedro Gonçalves were selected through public submissions. They won out of 693, a record in FdC history! Likewise, last year there were 16 entries in the contest when it moves up to 20 this year.
Now they have revealed the 20 songs and artists chosen to perform these songs, as well as the allocation draw between the two semis. You can listen to them here.
- Nadine – “Cheguei Aqui” (Anne Victorino d’Almeida)
- Fábia Maia – “Dia Lindo” (Fábia Maia)
- Sara Afonso – “Contramão” (Filipe Melo)
- Valéria – “Na Mais Profunda Saudade” (Helder Moutinho)
- IAN – “Mundo” (IAN)
- IRMA – “Livros” (IRMA)
- Karetus & Romeu Bairos – “Saudade” (Karetus)
- Miguel Marôco – “Girassol” (Miguel Marôco)
- mema. – “Claro Como Água” (Stereossauro)
- The Black Mamba – “Love Is On My Side” (Tatanka)
- Carolina Deslandes – “Por Um Triz” (Carolina Deslandes)
- Da Chick – “I Got Music” (Da Chick)
- Joana Alegre – “Joana Do Mar” (Joana Alegre)
- Graciela – “A Vida Sem Acontecer” (João Vieira)
- NEEV – “Dancing In The Stars” (Neev)
- EU.CLIDES – “Volte-Face” (Pedro da Linha)
- Pedro Gonçalves – “Não Vou Ficar” (Pedro Gonçalves)
- Tainá – “Jasmim” (Tainá)
- Ariana – “Mundo Melhor” (Virgul)
- Ana Tereza – “Com Um Abraço” (Viviane)
A total of six hosts will present the shows: 2 for each shows: Jorge Gabriel and Sonia Araujo (first semi-final); José Carlos Malato and Tânia Ribas de Oliveira (second semi-final); Filomena Cautela and Vasco Palmeirim (grand final). In the end, it’s Inês Lopes Gonçalves whom the people will see the most, as she’ll be the green host through all shows.
The semi finals will be hosted at the RTP studios in Lisbon on two weekends in February, the 20th and 27th. Five of the ten competing entries will qualify from each semi final. The final will take place on the 6th of March, probably live and probably in a city outside the capital. It was not yet revealed where.