Germany – German broadcaster, NDR, will host the country’s national final 2018: Unser Lied für Lissabon. The final saw 6 acts compete to win the chance to represent the country at this year’s Eurovision in Lisbon and Michael Schulte won with the song “You let me walk alone“.
The show took place at the Studio Berlin Adlershof and was hosted by Linda Zervakis and Elton. This was the line-up for tonight:
- Natia Todua – My own way (Loren Nine Geerts, Ricardo Bettiol, Martin Gallop, Jaro Omar)
- Ryk – You and I (Rick Jurthe)
- voXXclub – I mog Di so (Merty Bert, Mike Busse, Philipp Klemz, Lennard Oestmann, Joe Walter, Martin Simma)
- Xavier Darcy – Jonah (Xavier Darcy, Loren Nine Geerts, Axel Ehnström, Thomas Stengaard)
- Ivy Quainoo – House on fire (Jörgen Elofsson and Ali Tamposi)
- Michael Schulte – You let me walk alone (Michael Schulte, Thomas Stengaard, Nisse Ingwersen, Nina Müller)
We also had an interval act by Mike Singer who sang Déjà vu. Then we had three series of votes announced together, which was confusing, and not very exciting as it was soon clear that Michael won all three votes, from local juries, international juries and televote!
Here’s the winning performance:
What do you think of the winning entry? And what do you think of its chances in the contest? Share your comments with us!