France – Nine acts taking part in the French national final called Destination Eurovision will part in the first semi-final, which was recorded earlier this week. A 100% jury deicision will pick the four that will qualify to the final! The show starts at 9 pm.
The show will be presented by Franco-canadian singer Garou. The French jury is composed by Franco-canadian singer Isabelle Boulay, French Idol winner Christophe Wilem and the French artist at Eurovision 2016 Amir! They will all sing an Eurovision entry to begin the semi. An interval act will also feature Amir’s new song.
Each artist gets a short presentation video, then sings a snippet of a cult classic (we’ll hear songs by Michael Jackson, France Gall, Johnny Halliday, Patrice Bruel, Cyndi Lauper or London Grammar), then we get a second video to present the writing team behind the song (or in some cases when the artist also wrote the song, the story behind the writing) and then finally the full song! The songs are all performed in the live condition. However, the final, on January 27th will be 100% live and televote will replace the French jury. The semifinals, pre-recorded earlier this week, are 100% jury. With the French jury, the head of delegations of Sweden, Belarus and Italy will also vote. They give 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12pts to their Top 6 out of the 9 songs. The top 4 qualifies.
Tonight line-up is:
- Masoe – “Paradis” (You Rock My Mind)” (Dany Synthé, Jonah & Masoé / Hope)
- Noée – “L’Un Près De l’Autre” (Jules Jaconelli & Mélanie Di Petrantonio / Barbara Pravi & Tomislav Matosin)
- Lisandro Cuxi – “Eva” (Felipe Saldivia, Fred Savio & Tristan Salvati)
- Malo – “Ciao” (Malory Legardinier)
- Emmy Liyana – “OK ou KO” (Zazie, Olivier Schultheis, Jean-Pierre Pilot & William Rousseau)
- Enea – “I’ll Be There” (Emilie Satt & Sonia Boraso / Allyson Ezell & High P)
- Pheno Men – “Jamais Sans Toi” (Gabin Lesieur & Pheno Men / Kim Worthy)
- Louka – “Mamma Mia” (Maître Gims, Vitaa, Renaud Rebillaud & Louka)
- Ehla – “J’ai Cru” (Ehla & High P / Ehla, Grand Corps Malade & High P)