Just like last year, we will witness Super Saturdays with many shows happening all at once. Instead of opening all threads, hard to follow for everyone, we decided to have just one thread for all shows to follow live so we can all discuss them together. Tonight: 6 shows including 3 finals!
Ukraine – Tonight, the host country will be broadcasting the big National Final, after three weeks after semi-finals where 24 acts overall competed. Six acts will be performing tonight, competing for the ticket to represent the home country of the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest.
The finalists are:
- Salto Nazad – O mamo
- Tayanna – I love you
- Rozhden – Saturn
- Illaria – Thank you for my way
- O.Torvald – Time
- Melovin – Wonder
This year’s entries from France and Poland are expected to attend as well. Composer Konstantin Meladze and 2007 runner-up Andriy Danylko (better known as Verka Serduchka) will be returning to the jury panel and will be joined by last years winner Jamala. The show starts at 18:00CET (17:00GMT) and can be watched on STB, UA, the official website and on YouTube.
Denmark – It’s time for the Melodi Grand Prix! A rather secret National Final is hosted every year by DR. Unlike their neighbors in Sweden and Norway, this is a smaller and less extravagant contest. Yet it’s iconic in its own way, for usually bringing a very high production value, with 10 slick and well produced entries!
The show will be held at the Jyske Bank Arena, in Herning. Annette Heick (DMGP 2007) & Johannes Nymark (Lighthouse X, Denmark 2016) will host the show. Out of 1115 entries, the 10 finalists are:
- Ida Una – One
- Thomas Ring – Vesterbro
- Rikke Skytte – Color my world
- Anja – Where I am
- Calling Mercury – Big little lies
- Anthony – Smoke in my eyes
- René Machon – Warriors
- Sada Vidoo – Northern lights
- Jeanette Bonde – Hurricane
- Johanna Beijbom – A.S.A.P.
There will be two rounds, in each the vote will be made by 50% televote and 50% made of five dedicated Danish Eurovision fans, whatever that means? The first round selects the three superfinalists where the winner will be selected for Kiyv! The show starts at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here or through DR’s YouTube channel.
Sweden – It’s the most anticipated National Final within the Eurovision Fandom and it resumes tonight with their fourth and last of the four semi finals. Melodifestivalen is finally here and we have some familiar faces taking part in this first edition.
Seven Acts will take to the stage at the Skellefteå Kraft Arena in Skellefteå and will compete for the chance to make the grand final on March 11th. The top two will reach the grand final and the acts that come third and fourth will proceed onto the Second Chance round. This week we see the return of Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Wiktoria, Sara Varga and of course 2012 winner Loreen.
First week finalists were Nano and Ace Wilder, second weeks were Mariette and Benjamin Ingrosso and third weeks were Robin Bengtsson and Owe Thörnqvist. The semi-finalists for tonight are:
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia – En värld full av strider
- Alice Svensson – Running with lions
- Les Gordons – Bound to fall
- Wiktoria – As I lay me down
- Axel Schylström – När ingen ser
- Sara Varga & Juha Mulari – Du får inte ändra på mig
- Loreen – Statements
It’s 100% televote tonight. The first round eliminates the bottom 2 entries. The second round sees 5 entries battling for the four qualifying places, two “direkt til finalen” and two to “andra chasen”. How much do we learn Swedish in MF, really? The show starts at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Iceland – It’s time for the Söngvakeppnin! A rather small and cozy National Final is hosted every year by RÚV, Iceland. For the past few years, this is a two Semi-finals system, with a first round in Icelandic and a Final of 7 entries (3 from each semis, then 1 jury wildcard), which can be performed in Iceland or English.
Tonight six acts will take the stage at Háskólabíó in Reykjavík. The line up is:
- Aron Hannes Emilsson – Nótt
- Hildur – Bammbaramm
- Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson – Mér við hli
- Júlí Heiðar Halldórsson & Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir – Heim til þín
- Erna Mist Pétursdóttir – Skuggamynd
- Arnar Jónsson & Rakel Pálsdóttir – Til mín
It’s 100% televote tonight. The show starts at 20:45 (CET) and can be watched here.
Molodva – Tonight sees TRM hold its Final for this year’s O Melodie Pentru Europa selection contest. 14 acts battled it out last night and 8 of them qualified for tonight’s show. Four were chosen with the jury, and the last four were then chosen with televote. So it’s hard to know if there’s a really big favorite, though Sunstroke is always a sure bet.
This is tonight’s line-up (first four are jury picks, last four televote’s):
- SunStroke Project– Hey mamma
- Samir Loghin – Glow
- Valeria Paşa – Freedom
- Aurel Chirtoacă – Dor de mamă
- Diana Brescan– Breathe
- Marks & Stefanet– Join us in the rain
- Ethno Republic & Surorile Osoianu– Discover Moldova
- Vozniuc feat. Vio Grecu– Don’t lie
The show begins at 18:35 CET and you can watch it here on TV Moldova 1.
Lithuania – This is week 8 of the impossible to follow Lithuanian National Final. So based on what we gathered online, we have 8 more songs competing tonight with only 6 making it through. All of tonight’s entries have already performed before. Tonight’s show is hosted by Gabriele Martirosianaite and Ieva Stasiulevičiūte.
This is tonight’s line-up:
- Alanas Chošnau – 7 days
- Paula – Let u go
- Gabrielius Vagelis – Feel myself free
- Queens of Roses – Fisherman
- Kotryna Juodzevičiūtė – Love shadow
- Mia – Sacrifice
- Fusedmarc – Rain of revolution
- Valerija Iljinaitė – You made me glow
Just like last week, the jury is now part of the results, which will be decided by a 50% jury and 50% televote system. The jury is made of Darius Užkuraitis, Ramūnas Zilnys (music reviewer), Povilas Meškėla (singer) and Vytautas Lukočius (conductor). The show will be broadcasted on LRT tonight at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Recap of the weekend shows:
- 25.02.17 Sweden Melodifestivalen Semi-final 4
- 25.02.17 Lithuania Eurovizijos show 8
- 25.02.17 Ukraine National Final
- 25.02.17 Moldova O Melodie Pentru Europa National Final
- 25.02.17 Denmark Melodi Grand Prix Final
- 25.02.17 Iceland Söngvakeppnin Semi-Final 1
- 26.02.17 Portugal Festival da Canção Semi-final 2
- 26.02.17 Latvia Supernova Final