Just like last year, we will witness Super Saturdays with many shows happening all at once. Instead of opening all threads, hard to follow for everyone, we decided to have just one thread for all shows to follow live so we can all discuss them together. Tonight: 8 shows including 3 finals!
Hungary – A Dal finally concludes this evening and we’ll know which act will go to Kyiv representing Hungary in the contest! Eight acts are taking part tonight but only 4 can progress through to the superfinal. You can watch it here.
The finalists are:
- Joci Pápa – Origo
- Gina Kanizsa – Fall like rain
- Gigi Radics – See it through
- Soulwave – Kalandor
- Gabi Tóth – Hosszú idők
- Kállay Saunders Band – 17
- Zävodi + Olivér Berkes – #háttérzaj
- Leander Kills – Élet
A jury vote vote on the entries of the night and their top 4 qualifies. Then televote alone will decide which among the last 4 gets picked up for the Eurovision Song Contest. The jury members are Caramel, Zséda, Károly Freinreisz and Miklós Both. The show will start tonight at 19:40 (CET) and can be watched here.
Ukraine – Tonight, the host country will be broadcasting the third and last of three semi-finals to help determine the finalists for their National Final that will take place on February 25th. Eight acts will be performing tonight, competing for the approval of the public and the jury panel.
Last weeks finalists were Tayanna, Salto Nazad, Rozhden and Illaria. The semi-finalists for tonight are:
- Payushchie Trusy – Singing pants
- O.Torvald – Time
- Anastasia Prudius – Flow
- Vitaliy Kozlovskiy – I’m your light
- Kadnay – Freedom in my mind
- Melovin – Wonder
- Green Grey – Future is now
- Vivienne Mort – Iniy
Composer Konstantin Meladze and 2007 runner-up Andriy Danylko (better known as Verka Serduchka) will be returning to the jury panel and will be joined by last years winner Jamala. The show starts at 18:00CET (17:00GMT) and can be watched on the official website and on YouTube.
Sweden – It’s the most anticipated National Final within the Eurovision Fandom and it resumes tonight with their second of the four semi finals. Melodifestivalen is finally here and we have some familiar faces taking part in this first edition.
Seven Acts will take to the stage at the Vida Arena in Växjö and will compete for the chance to make the grand final on March 11th. The top two will reach the grand final and the acts that come third and fourth will proceed onto the Second Chance round. This week we see the return of Robin Bengtsson and Krista Siegfrids.
First week finalists were Nano and Ace Wilder and last weeks were Mariette and Benjamin Ingrosso. The semi-finalists for tonight are:
- Robin Bengtsson – I can’t go on
- Krista Siegfrids – Snurra min jord
- Anton Hagman – Kiss you goodbye
- Jasmine Kara – Gravity
- Owe Thörnqvist – Boogieman blues
- Bella & Filippa – Crucified
- FO&O – Gotta thing about you
It’s 100% televote tonight. The first round eliminates the bottom 2 entries. The second round sees 5 entries battling for the four qualifying places, two “direkt til finalen” and two to “andra chasen”. How much do we learn Swedish in MF, really? The show starts at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Estonia – Another big fan favorite, and the incubent laureate for the Frida for Best National Final, Estonia’s Eesti Laul 2017 is back! We discovered the list, we heard the songs, we saw the pictures of the performances, now it’s time to finally see them!
There will be 10 out of 20 overall entries participating tonight and only 5 will make it to the final with 50% televote and jury. The show will be hosted by Marko Reikop and Elina Netšajeva. Tonight’s line -up is as follows:
- Liis Lemsalu – Keep running
- Koit Toome ja Laura – Verona
- Rasmus Rändvee – This love
- Kerli – Spirit animal
- Daniel Levi – All I need
- Alvistar Funk Association – Make love, not war
- Close To Infinity featuring Ian Karell – Sounds like home
- Almost Natural – Electric
- Antsud – Vihm (Rain)
- Angeelia – We ride with our flow
There are two different sets tonight: a live portion of the show will take place in a Tallinn studio with artists discussing with hosts and the performances have already been recorded and will be shown throughout.A change in voting this year: the 50/50 system will only select the first 4 qualifiers. A second round will select the 5th qualifier with 100% televote only. The show starts at 20:35 (CET) and can be watched here.
Lithuania – This is week 7 of the impossible to follow Lithuanian National Final. So based on what we gathered online, we have 8 more songs competing tonight with only 6 making it through. All of tonight’s entries have already performed before. Tonight’s show is hosted by Gabriele Martirosianaite and Ieva Stasiulevičiūte.
This is tonight’s line-up:
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – You saved me
- E.G.O. – My story
- Greta Zazza – Like I love you
- Gražvydas – Paint the sky blue
- Gytis Ivanauskas – Get frighten
- Aistė Pilvelytė – I’m like a wolf
- Edgaras Lubys – Could it be?
- Sasha Song – Never felt like this before
The jury kicks in tonight as the results will be decided by a 50% jury and 50% televote system. The jury is made of Darius Užkuraitis, Ramūnas Zilnys (music reviewer), Povilas Meškėla (singer) and Vytautas Lukočius (conductor). The show will be broadcasted on LRT tonight at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Slovenia – Last night was the first semi final of the Slovenian Selection EMA which saw eight acts compete for four places in the Grand Final next week. The second semi final takes place tonight with more 8 entries competing to complete the final line up. Tonight’s show is hosted by Maja Martina Merljak, Tina Gorenjak and Tanja Kocman.
First finalists chosen last night were King Foo, Nika Zorjan, Sell Out and Omar Naber. The semi-finalists for tonight are:
- Clemens – Tok ti sede
- Raiven – Zažarim
- Kataya & Duncan Kamakana – Are you there
- BQL – Heart of gold
- Ina Shai – Colour me
- United Pandaz & Arsello feat. Alex Volasko – Heart to heart
- Tim Kores Kori – Open fire
- Nuška Drašček – Flower in the snow
Tonight’s decision is made first by televote who picks 2 then by the jury who saves 2 more. The four finalists will then compete in the grand EMA final! The jury is made of ManuElla, Boštjan Grabnar, Jernej Vene and Aleksander Radić. The show will be broadcasted on SLO1 tonight at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Poland – Tonight Poland will be one of three countries picking their Eurovision entry and Poland has ten songs competing in Krajowe Eliminacje. The winner will be decided by the public and a jury. The show will be hosted by Arthur Horzech.
This is tonight’s line-up:
- Martin Fitch – Fight for us
- Kasia Moś – Flashlight
- Carmell – Faces
- Agata Nizińska – Reason
- Rafał Brzozowski – Sky over Europe
- Isabell Otrębus-Larsson – Voiceless
- Małgorzata Uściłowska (Lanberry) – Only human
- Aneta Sablik – Ulalala
- Paulla – Chcę tam z tobą być
- Olaf Bressa – You look good
The winner will be selected by 50% televote and 50% jury. The jury members are Alicja Węgorzewska, Maria Sadowska, Robert Janowski, Włodek Pawlik and Krzesimir Dębski. The show will be broadcasted on TVP1 tonight at 20:30 (CET) and can be watched here.
Malta – Tonight Malta will be one of three countries picking their Eurovision entry and Malta has sixteen songs competing in MESC. The winner will be decided by the public only! The show will be hosted by Daniel Azzopardi and Charlene Mercieca.
This is tonight’s line-up:
- Klinsmann Coleiro – Laserlight
- Raquela Dalli Gonzi – Ray of light
- Deborah C & Josef Tabone – Tonight
- Kevin Borg – Follow
- Jade Vella – Seconds away
- Crosswalk – So simple
- Franklin Calleja – Follow me
- Rhiannon Michallef – Fearless
- Miriana Conte – Don’t look down
- Shauna Vassallo – Crazy games
- Janice Mangion – Kewkba
- Cherton Caruana – Fighting to survive
- Maxine Pace – Bombshell
- Richard Edwards – You
- Brooke Borg – Unstoppable
- Claudia Faniello – Breathlessly
Big change from before, the winner will be decided by 100% televote only! The show will be broadcasted on TVM tonight at 21:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Recap of the weekend shows:
- 18.02.17 Hungary A Dal Final
- 18.02.17 Sweden Melodifestivalen Semi-final 3
- 18.02.17 Estonia Eesti Laul Semi-final 2
- 18.02.17 Poland Krajowe Eliminacje Final
- 18.02.17 Malta MESC Final
- 18.02.17 Lithuania Eurovizijos show 7
- 18.02.17 Ukraine Semi-final 3
- 19.02.17 Portugal Festival da Canção Semi-final 1
- 19.02.17 Latvia Supernova Semi-Final