United Kingdom – The BBC today revealed that it will again hold a national selection as it did last year. Eurovision: You Decide will take place on 27th January 2017 at the Hammersmith Apollo and will be broadcast on BBC2 at 19.30 (GMT).
Six internally selected acts will battle it out in the final and OGAE UK are again involved in selecting one of the acts. An expert panel of 3 people will commentate on the acts on the night.
The songs will be revealed on January 23 on the Ken Bruce Show on BBC Radio 2.
Special Eurovision guests are expected to perform on the night, and once again Mel Giedroyc will host. She said,
“I am positively giddy for Eurovision 2017 and chuffed that Eurovision: You Decide is back!”
Here are the details if you want to go along…
- Eurovision: You Decide will be held at the Eventim Hammersmith Apollo on the 27th January 2017
- Doors open at 5.30pm. The show will be broadcast live from 1930-2100 on BBC Two, and on BBC iPlayer
- Only those over the age of 14 will be allowed into the venue. Children under the age of 15 need to be accompanied by an adult
- Only viewers in the UK will be able to vote during the show at bbc.co.uk/eurovision
- No food or drink can be brought in to the venue
- Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted on site
You can buy tickets to the national selection HERE. Standing are £34.25 and seated are £37.00.