Eurovision Times Awards 2016 – Every year, the summer is the calm after the storm so it’s the perfect time to resume the “Eurovision Times Awards” to give prizes to the best in every category! After a week in this category, it’s time to announce the winner and hand out the Frida. So who will win?
- Azerbaijan‘s singers and dancers Jessica Marberger, Dea Norberg, Zain Odelstål and Patrik Riber
- Belgium‘s singers and dancers Melany Bhola, Laurens Hagens, Kevin Van der Meer, Rebecca Louis and Tanja Daese
- Hungary‘s backing vocalists Tamás Mészáros, Barnabás Wodala and Gábor Molnár
- Serbia‘s backings vocalists Lena Kuzmanović, Jelena Đurić, Iva Pletikosić and Dunja Vujadinović
- San Marino‘s singers and dancers Caroline Hauwel, Ellia Palazzi, EmilIe Weber, Jessica Fagniot and Ophelie Crispin
And the Frida goes to…
“What’s The Pressure” was performed by Laura Tesoro. Representing Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, it was written by Sanne Putseys & Birsen Uçar and composed by Sanne Putseys, Louis Favre & Yannick Werther. It finished 10th with 181 points. Nominated three times overall in ET Awards 2016, “Best Backings” is its first so far! Congratulations!
You can click here to look at the full recommendations and nominations from last week’s article! There were 37 recommendations for 12 countries in the first round and 137 votes were cashed in an open poll, in exactly one week, among the 5 nominees. The complete detailed results will be announced once all polls are closed so in another week!
Now let’s watch the winning entry once more, for Melany, Laurens, Kevin, Rebecca and Tanja: