Eurovision Times Awards 2016 – Every year, the summer is the calm after the storm so it’s the perfect time to resume the “Eurovision Times Awards” to give prizes to the best in every category! After a week in this category, it’s time to announce the winner and hand out the Frida. So who will win?
- Georgia‘s “Midnight Gold” by Kote Kalandadze
- Italy‘s “No Degree Of Separation” by Fabio Gargiulo, Federica Abbate, Cheope
- Latvia‘s “Heartbeat” by Aminata Savadogo
- Netherlands‘ “Slow Down” by Douwe Bob Posthuma, Jan-Peter Hoekstra, Jeroen Overman, Matthijs van Duijvenbode
- Ukraine‘s “1944” by Jamala
And the Frida goes to…
“1944” was performed by Jamala. Representing Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, it was written and composed by Jamala herself. It won with 534 points. Nominated a record of ten times overall in ET Awards 2016 (the same as the Common Linnets in 2014 and Loïc Nottet in 2015), “Best Composition” is its first so far! Congratulations!
You can click here to look at the full recommendations and nominations from last week’s article! There were 40 recommendations for 13 countries in the first round and 150 votes were cashed in an open poll, in exactly one week, among the 5 nominees. The complete detailed results will be announced once all polls are closed so in another week!
Now let’s watch the winning entry once more, for Jamala’s music: