Eurovision 2016 – One of the last important aspects yet to know in order to predict the final outcome is now out as the running order has been made and approved. Find out who was given a chance… and who wasn’t!
For the last three years, instead of moping about some unfair draws, we get to rage against the injustice that some broadcasters have it easier than others. Instead of going to random draw, we get a random allocation (first half v. second half) and then the producers of the show (appointed by the hosting broadcaster) get to decide the full running order which then only has to be “approved” by the EBU.
As we know, besides the conspiracy theory (theories?) that such a method will help create, this does reinforce the thought that, if you’re going in Eurovision as a favorite, you’ll be helped more than if you’re not. And the idea that this will help delivering a better show was made irrelevant when almost all ballads were put, by the allocation draw, in the same half.
So, regardless of personal taste, no one can be 100% happy with the outcome and the problem with the new system is that we know whom to blame (besides, the EBU or the broadcasters). Random draw, there’s no one to blame, and we can get amazing results and some unfair ones, but it’s the only “fair” way.
For instance, Australia is given for the second year in a row the best possible slot. And you can tell they put some countries with low predictions like Poland “in between” countries with expected high results. Killing entries, promoting others, that’s how you make a “good” show?
- Belgium | Laura Tesoro | What’s The Pressure
- Czech Republic | Gabriela Gunčíková | I Stand
- Netherlands | Douwe Bob | Slow Down
- Azerbaijan | Samra | Miracle
- Hungary | Fehérvári Gábor Alfréd | Pioneer
- Italy | Francesca Michielin | Nessun grado di separazione
- Israel | Hovi Star | Made Of Stars
- Bulgaria | Poli Genova | If Love Was A Crime
- Sweden | Frans | If I Were Sorry
- Germany |Jamie-Lee Kriewitz | Ghost
- France | Amir Haddad | J’ai cherché
- Poland | Michał Szpak | Color Of Your Love
- Australia | Dami Im | Sound Of Silence
- Cyprus | Minus One | Alter Ego
- Serbia | Sanja Vučić | Goodbye
- Lithuania | Donny Montell | I’ve Been Waiting For This Night
- Croatia |Nina Kraljić | Lighthouse
- Russia | Sergey Lazarev | You Are The Only
- Spain | Barei | Say yay
- Latvia | Justs Sirmais | Heartbeat
- Ukraine | Jamala | 1944
- Malta | Ira Losco | Walk On Water
- Georgia | Young Georgian Lolitaz | Midnight Gold
- Austria | Zoë Straub | Loin d’ici
- United Kingdom | Joe & Jake | You’re Not Alone
- Armenia | Iveta Mukuchyan | Love Wave