Eurovision 2016 – Tonight we finally saw the second semifinal, with 18 entries participating and 21 countries voting all together chose the 10 finalists! Find out which they are! Comment, discuss and analyze with us!
This was tonight’s running-order:
- Finland | Sandhja | Sing It Away
- Greece | Argo | Utopian Land
- Moldova | Lidia Isac | Falling Stars
- Hungary | Fehérvári Gábor Alfréd | Pioneer
- Croatia |Nina Kraljić | Lighthouse
- Netherlands | Douwe Bob | Slow Down
- Armenia | Iveta Mukuchyan | Love Wave
- San Marino | Serhat | I Didn’t Know
- Russia | Sergey Lazarev | You Are The Only
- Czech Republic | Gabriela Gunčíková | I Stand
- Cyprus | Minus One | Alter Ego
- Austria | Zoë Straub | Loin d’ici
- Estonia | Jüri Pootsmann | Play
- Azerbaijan | Samra | Miracle
- Montenegro | Highway | The Real Thing
- Iceland | Greta Salóme | Hear Them Calling
- Bosnia & Herzegovina | Dalal, Deen, Ana Rucner & Jala | Ljubav je
- Malta | Ira Losco | Walk On Water
Sweden, Spain and France also voted in this semifinal.
After a 2h show that made us see the stage in action, an opening with Måns Zelmerlöw redoing the reprise of “Heroes” he did in MF with the kids, some good fun moments with Petra Mede, including a candid camera with esc fans (including the guys from Wiwiblogs), an interval act based on the immigration situation in Europe (in a non-political contest, reminder), the ten countries that qualified were finally announced. And they were:
- Czech Republic
Greece and Bosnia fail for the first time, Czech make it for the first time!