Eurovision 2016 – With two weeks to go to the contest, daily rehearsals start today and of course the Eurovision Times will do its best to cover them; here’s for the first rehearsals to the second half of semifinal 2: pics and vids will be officially released and we get to discuss, debate, analyze, predict…
So this is how it’ll work for the next 10 days or so: we will resume the system from last year. This is, there’s an article for the day’s rehearsals published the morning (or night before, knowing myself) with the calendar, which you can also find on the official site here. You can comment all day on it, based on all the info you can gather around and as soon as I can, I’ll get working on a recap article with links to pictures, videos, etc. However, I do work and have busy weeks at work ahead of me so I’ll do that at the latest in the evening, sooner if possible, depending. Usually, the girls are down there and as you know, this year ET did not get a pass, so they’ll be following from here and will help publishing any news article.
So we’re all counting on you guys to post in the comment section all the links you find and discuss all material out there. Hope it works out great for everyone, and already a big cheers to all the sites who will post their own made materials (Esckaz, Escxtra, Escinsight and the infamous Esctoday come to mind).
Here’s tomorrow’s schedule: Semifinal 2 – Half 2 – First rehearsal
- 10:00-10:30 Slovenia First rehearsal
- 10:40-11:10 Bulgaria First rehearsal
- 11:20-11:50 Denmark First rehearsal
- 12:00-12:30 Ukraine First rehearsal
- 12:10-10:30 Slovenia Press Meet & Greet
- 12:50-13:10 Bulgaria Press Meet & Greet
- 13:30-13:50 Denmark Press Meet & Greet
- 13:40-14:10 Norway First rehearsal
- 14:10-14:30 Ukraine Press Meet & Greet
- 14:20-14:50 Georgia First rehearsal
- 15:00-12:30 Albania First rehearsal
- 15:40-16:10 Belgium First rehearsal
- 15:50-16:10 Norway Press Meet & Greet
- 16:30-16:50 Georgia Press Meet & Greet
- 17:20-17:40 Albania Press Meet & Greet
- 17:50-18:10 Belgium Press Meet & Greet
There will therefore be 10 countries getting their first taste of the stage and first impression from it.
As usual, in first go, countries rarely reveal everything from their staging, definitely not the clothes. But the fans get an idea of what direction the performance is heading towards. Usually, the official site publishes photo sets from rehearsals and a short clip (around 90 seconds) about the artist’s impressions around 40 minutes later. Last year it was not possible for any fan sites to record anything else, so you’ll have to just read what everyone there thought about it without seeing more with your own eyes (and of course hear with your own ears).