Just like last year, we will witness Super Saturdays with many shows happening all at once. Instead of opening all threads, hard to follow for everyone, we decided to have just one thread for all shows to follow live so we can all discuss them together. Let’s have fun!
Hungary – Tonight A Dal continues with Heat 2 of 3 before the Semi Finals. Last two weeks six out of ten acts made it through to the semi finals from each Heat. This is the last heat and the first presentation of the last 10 songs to participate in this year’s A Dal. It will be hosted by Csilla Tatár and Levente Harsányi.
This is tonight’s line-up (not the actual draw):
- B The First – You Told Me You Loved Me
- Bálint Gájer – Speed Bump
- Ív – Love Kills Me
- Júlia Horányi – Come Along
- Nika – Emlékkép
- Olivér Berkes & Andi Tóth – Seven Seas
- Parno Graszt – Már Nem Szédülök
- Petruska – Trouble in My Mind
- Szilvia Agárdi – It Is Love
- Viki Singh – Katonák
A jury vote vote on the entries of the night and their top 5 qualifies. Then televote alone will decide which among the last 5 gets picked up for the Semi-finals. The jury members are Pierrot, Zséda, Károly Freinreisz and Miklós Both. The show will start tonight at 19:40 (CET) and can be watched here.
Sweden – SVT starts Melodifestivalen 2016 with the first semifinal: Gothenburg’s. You can click on here to go read what we wrote on tonight’s line-up and on here to watch some snippets. The show will be hosted by Gina Dirawi and Petra Mede.
Tonight’s draw is as follows:
- Samir & Viktor – Bada nakna
- Pernilla Andersson – Mitt guld
- Mimi Werner – Ain’t No Good
- Albin & Mattias Andréasson – Rik
Anna Book – Himmel för två
- Robin Bengtsson – Constellation Price
- Ace Wilder – Don’t Worry
Anna Book’s song was disqualified two days ago. She will perform her song but it wont be part of the votes. 100% televote will decide 2 songs to go through to the final and 2 songs to second chance. The show starts at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Iceland – RUV, the Icelandic broadcaster, will start tonight Söngvakeppnin 2016, the national final for Eurovision 2016. There will be 6 out of 12 overall entries participating tonight and only 3 will make it to the final with 100% televote deciding. The show will be hosted by Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir and Guðrún Dís Emilsdóttir.
Tonight’s line -up is as follows:
- Greta Salome Stefánsdóttir – Raddirnar
- Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir & Hjörtur Traustason – Hugurminner
- Ingólfur Þórarinsson – Fátækurnámsmaður
- Sigríður Eir Zophoniasardóttir & Jóhanna Vala Höskuldsdóttir – Égséþig
- Karlotta Sigurðardóttir – Óstöðvandi
- Sigga Eyrún – Kreisí
All songs are available here. Tonight Iceland will celebrate its 30th year participating in the contest with 1997 Páll Óskar performing a special song, Vinnum þetta fyrirfram, which was written specifically for the occasion, and boy band 101 Boys will perform Iceland’s first entry ever, 1986’s Gleðibankinn. The show starts at 21:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Finland – Finnish broadcaster, YLE, will start tonight Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2016, its national final for Eurovision. 6 out of 18 overall songs are taking part tonight and 3 will make it through with 100% televote decision. Tonight’s show will be hosted by Roope Salminen alongside Krista Siegfrids
This is tonight’s line-up:
- ClemSO – Thief
- Eini – Draamaa
- Mikko Herranen – Evil Tone
- Pää-Äijät – Shamppanjataivas
- Saara Aalto – No Fear
- Stella Christine – Ain’t Got Time for Boys
The money gathered with televote will be donated to charity Nenäpäivä-säätiö, which fund projects in developing countries. The show starts at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Ukraine – NTU, the national broadcaster of Ukraine, will start its national final tonight with the first Semi-final out of two: so 9 out of 18 songs will participate tonight and only 3 will make it through based on 50% televote an 5% jury. The show will be hosted by Dmytro Tankovich and Oleksandr Pedan.
This is tonight’s line-up:
- Anastasia Prikhodko – I Am Free Now
- The Hardkiss – Helpless
- Tonya Matvienko – Tin Whistle
- Vladislav Kurasov – I’m Insane
- Lavika – Hold Me
- Jamala – 1944
- Aida Nikolaychuk – Inner Power
- Svetlana Tarabarova – Never Again
- Brunettes Shoot Blondes – Every Monday
Both jury and televote will give points to all entries from 1 to 9 (9 being the favorite) and the top three entries make it through to the final. The jury will be Konstantin Meladze, Ruslana and Andriy Danylko (Verka Serduchka). The show starts at 18:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Lithuania – This is week 5 of the impossible to follow Lithuanian national final. So based on what we gathered online, we have 10 more songs competing tonight with only 5 making it through. Tonight’s show is hosted by Andrius Rožickas and Gerūta Griniūtė.
This is tonight’s line-up:
- Baiba – Mayday
- Betra Timinskaite – Stars in a rainbow
- Ieva Zasimauskaite – Life (not that beautiful)
- Neringa Šiaudikyte – Never know love
- 4 Roses – Butterfly
- Ruslanas Kirilkinas – In my world
- Aiste Pilvelyte – You bet
- Saulene Chlevickaite – Strong
- Milda Martinkenaite – If tomorrow never comes
- E.G.O. – Long way from home
The public, an international jury and national jury all scored the songs and each score will be added up. The show was pre-recorded during the week but will be shown on LRT tonight at 20:00 (CET) and can be watched here.
Recap of the weekend shows: