Sweden – 8 artists will fight it out this afternoon at Liseberg in Gothenburg in the Svensktoppen Nästa contest. One of the eight could eventually find themselves at the Eurovision final, as the winner will take a place in Sweden’s national final Melodifestivalen next year.
845 artists / groups entered during the spring and summer. 25 local winners were chosen by juries and votes. A national final jury has selected the final eight finalists from the 25 local winners. The jury consisted of Carolina Norén, Rita Jernquist, Kerstin Behrendtz (Sveriges Radios) Christer Björkman and Mari Ryberger (SVT / Eurovision song contest) and Maths Broborg (Radio Sweden, the chairman of the jury).
Voting has been underway and the result will be a split jury / SMS public vote and announced this afternoon during a live broadcast on the radio station P4 between 14:03-16:00.
The 8 artists that will fight it out are as follows. Click on the song title to listen to the song. They will sing a different song in Melodifestivalen though.
- Michael Fannon ‘Kommer tid, kommer råd‘ (Uppland)
- Sofia Sandberg-Albihn ‘The sunny side‘ (Malmöhus)
- Smajling Swedes ‘Goosebumps‘ (Stockholm)
- Fanny Nilsson ‘Alone‘ (Kalmar)
- Jens Sporron ‘Make a mistake‘ (Blekinge)
- Miss Winter ‘The road‘ (Sörmland)
- Jawone ‘Främling‘ (Göteborg)
- Laile Adele ‘Blame it all on you‘ (Halland)
No winner of Svensktoppen Nästa has ever gone on to represent their country. Only Laile Adele has previously entered Melodifestivalen before, in 2006.
Which one would you like to win?