ETSC – Every year, the summer is the calm after the storm so it’s the perfect time to resume the highly anticipated the Eurovision Times Song Contest! 42 of you entered for the July 2015 edition and the voting went on for ten days! The results are coming this Friday!
Each summer, a good number of regular readers stay around for different reasons (they don’t get breaks from work or don’t go on holidays…) but there aren’t much news to keep us going. So the last few years we introduced all sort of games. The Eurovision Times Awards (Fridas) and the Douze Points Trivia Quiz kept us going in 2013 and Fridas have made come-backs the past two years. Last year, a lot of you asked for a fake Eurovision where each one of us would send songs and get to vote. And that wasit: the Eurovision Times Song Contest, from then on known as ETSC.
After a first round open for people to sign up with a country and send a song, we got 42 people in, with some newbies again. Songs were revealed Friday the 10th. Voting was open for ten days, until earlier today, at noon CET. Results will come in shortly, this Friday night. In the meantime, we get to gossip and predict, and discuss songs more openly as nothing more is at stake. And I drop hints!
Here are a the hints, going from top songs to bottom ones:
- Two of the last 5 voters gave 12 pts to one of the Top 3 song, making it less exciting especially if we’re going to follow the draw order… The Top 3 will be obvious soon enough and the winner wont be that hard to predict once we reach the halfway point!
- After three songs making the 100 pts mark in the first two editions, four songs will do it this time!
- Winner and runner-up share the record of points from 21 people (half of the number of players), the third and bronze medalist got points from 19 people, and the fourth from 18 people!
- The “douze points” is very spread, and besides the winner, only 1 other song gets it four times, however that song is down to only 10th!
- In order to compare with previous editions, France won ETSC 1 with 155 points out of 28 players, so a record of 47.8% of the maxium it could have gotten (27 times 12pts) and France won ETSC 2 with 156 points out of 37 players leading to a score of 36.1%. The winner in this edition gets a score of 30.4% and the runner-up has 26% (point-wise, it’s the highest runner-up ever but a much lower in ratio than the 38.3% that Norway got in ETSC 1, which is even better than the winner in ETSC 2).
- Only 7 people gave no points to the Top 3 at all and another 7 gave points to all 3 and 12 gave points to two of them (not counting the Top 3 people themselves).
- In the Top 10 we have countries “considered” from the North, the West, the East, Central Europe, the South.
- There are exactly 13 points between the song ranked 18th and the song ranked 10th!
- The song that was left at 0 for the longest time got no less than two 10 points since then and more points as well which made it to the Top 30! Unbelievable come-back!
- There are still no nil-pointers in ETSC! Sadly, 1 song got points from only one person, only 1 got points from only two people and only 1 got points from only three people. They’re the bottom 3 scoring songs.
- …and a more crazy hint: the song I personally ranked 42nd… made it to the Top 5! But which one is it? :o
A logo has been made with the next host city, with a venue and hosts chosen! All will be revealed after the votes, so we can start oozing slowly into the ETSC 4 – August 2015 edition! A few changes might me made after a few of you guys requested them (like a longer limit than 5 years for instance). Anyway… Reminder, the winner gets to pick first, then I get to pick (because after all I do have all the hard work and who can beat me at… sending myself my choice for my own pick?) and then it’ll be whoever comes first on my boxmail. I didnt set up a date yet, we’ll see Friday night. Right now, I’m busy-ish tonight and tomorrow, but I sitll have to make 42 “vote” pictures to set up Friday fest! Speaking of which, which time suits people best? You can tell me in the comment section below. Meanwhile, you can predict all you want and relisten to the songs here!