Germany – The German broadcaster NDR has decided that its national section will take on a new format this year… with pre-stages resembling a Melodifestivalen style contest after a Swiss-style upload platform for entries.
‘Unser Song Für Schweden‘ will consist of the following:
- Submission of songs (1st of September 2015 till October 11th)
- Undecided number of entrants to enter one of the 6 shows which will be aired through November and December on Einsplus.
- 18 artists to qualify to the next stage chosen by a jury (Konstantin Gropper, leader of the band Get Well Soon, Anette Humpe, from the duo Ich + Ich and producers Markus Ganter and Swen Meyer).
- 6 acts to be presented on each of the 3 shows on February 12th, 19th, and 26th.
- 4 entries from each of the 3 shows will make 12 songs in the final line-up of Unser Song Für Schweden on the 4th of March 2016.
Germany does not want to finish with ‘nul points‘ again. Do you think this will make Germany’s election stronger?