Malta – Tonight, the second entry for Eurovision 2015 was chosen. And it’s Amber with Warrior who will represent Malta in Vienna!
In Malta, the national final came to an end as PBS, the Maltese broadcaster, held the grand final with the14 songs that qualified in yesterday’s semi! Yesterday a semifinal qualified only 14 songs out of 20 for tonight’s show. If you missed the show, you can recap all performances on this youtube’s playlist!
This was tonight’s line-up:
- Glen Vella – Breakaway (Kevin Borg & Simon Gribbe)
- Karen DeBattista – 12, Baker Street ( Jan Van Dijck & Emil Calleja Bayliss)
- Minik – Once in a while (Elton Zarb & Rita Pace)
- Trilogy – Chasing a dream (Paul Abela & Joe Julian Farrugia)
- Chris Grech – Closed doors (Chris Grech, Edward Mifsud, Peter Borg & David Cassar Torregiani)
- Ekklesia – Love and let go (Philip Vella)
- Jessika – Fandango (Philip Vella & Gerard James Borg)
- Deborah C – It’s OK (Elton Zarb & Matthew Mercieca)
- Amber – Warrior (Elton Zarb & Matthew Mercieca)
- L-Aħwa – Beautiful to me (Erik & Anjou)
- Franklin – Still here (Alexander Rybak)
- Christabelle – Rush (Elton Zarb & Matthew Mercieca)
- Lawrence Gray – The one that you love (Elton Zarb & Lawrence Gray)
- Daniel Testa – Something in the way (Mins Ek & Charlie Mason)
Held in JESC’s stage in Marsa, the show saw many artists on stage next to tonight’s competitors, like Conchita Wurst who sang bot her winning song Rise like a phoenix and her new single Heroes and Firelight, last year’s Maltese representative, who presented many of their new materials.
This is the first win for Amber in MESC. She took part many times before: in 2014 she came 4th with Because I have you, in 2013 she came 4th with In control, in 2012 she came 3rd with Answer in your eyes, in 2011 she came 13th with Catch-22 and her other song, Touch wood, failed to qualify to the final.
So here’s the winning entry: