Finland – The Finnish national broadcaster YLE is hosting the first of two semi-finals tonight with 6 songs competing to go to the Final or at least qualify to second chance! The national final is kicking off officially and one song will be voted out completely tonight.
After YLE presented the twelve songs competing in this year’s Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu, the national final hosted in Finland for Eurovision 2014, in the past few weeks, six songs will compete tonight in the first semi-final.
Here is tonight’s line-up:
- Miau with “God/Drug” (Anu Kaukola, Henna Juvonen)
- Dennis Fagerström with “My Little Honey Bee” (Dennis Fagerström, Michael James Down, Niklas Hast, Andreas Anastasiou, Primoz Poglajen)
- Lili Lambert with “Let Me Take You There” (Lili Lambert, Joonas Kaikko, Lasse Piirainen)
- Hukka Ja Mama with “Selja” (Lasse Hukka)
- Softengine with “Something Better” (Topi Latukka, Henri Oskár)
- Jasmin Michaela with “Kertakäyttösydän” (Mikko Kierikki, Jasmin Michaela, Jutta Annala, Johanna Viksten)
The jury which chose the songs is the same as last year: Tomi Saarinen (head of YleX radio channel), Aija Puurtinen (singer), Tomi Wirtanen (lead singer of Apulanta) and Redrama (rapper). They will help 50% for tonight’s result with televote. One song will qualify directly to the grand final, four will qualify to second chance, programmed for January 25th, while one son will be kicked out completely from the competition.
Which is your favorite as of now? You can watch the show live here.