Albania – After Ukraine last week, it is time to head to Albania where the second national final of the season is about to conclude with a grand final this Saturday! Read a full recap from semi 2 and get all the information to be ready for Festival i Këngës!
So we watched two “semifinals” already. Technically, they were not so much semifinals but a presentation of the entries as Saturday all songs will be competing again. After the first show on Thursday, tonight, Friday the 27th, we discovered the last 8 of the competing entries to represent Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 and each singer also got to do a duet with a guest singer and together they performed an old FiK song.
These 8 songs were presented to us:
- Jehona by Na (then they performed Gjeologes with Kozma Dushi)
- Ti mungon by Marjeta Billo (then she performed with Dashuria e parë with Juliana Pasha)
- Ëndërrat janë ëndërra by Xhejsi Jorgaqi (then she performed Gazin njerzve u a shtoj with Eranda Libohov)
- Me ty by Klodian Kacani (then he performed Rrjedh në këngë e ligjërime with Rovena Dilo)
- Një ditë shprese by Frederik Ndoci (then he performed Shqipëri o vendi im with Irma Libohova)
- Jam larg by Besiana Mehmeti & Shkodran Tolaj (then they performed A do vish with Myfarete Laze)
- Grua by Saimir Braho (then he performed Ti ecën në shi with Flaka Krelani)
- Princesha by Lynx (then they performed Ne jemi emri i vetë jetes with Eneda Tarifa)
Saimir Braho who was supposed to go as #7 yesterday was replaced yesterday by Blerina Braka. He performed tonight as #7 instead of Orges Toce who withdrew. They were replaced by the group Na who went as #1 when Blerina was supposed to perform. All in all, this can be summed in Orges Toce were replaced by Na. The rest is just details. Also, both Na and Lynx only featured their singing leads on stage as the musicians from the group were incorporated to the orchestra, making for some puzzled looks “are they a one-man group?” especially for Na, who wasnt supposed to take part to begin with!
The biggest cheers in the audience followed Klodian Kacani’s performance. It lasted for a few minutes with very audible “bravos” and many whistles. A clear audience’s favorite. It helped Rona Nishliu in 2012 but usually the jury, who has all the power in Albania, never quite follows the audience.
So the supposed line-up for tomorrow, if Na replaces Orges Toce, looks like this:
- Zemërimi i një nate (One night’s anger) – Herciana Matmuja
- Jam larg (I’m far away) – Besiana Mehmeti & Shkodran Tolaj
- Kthehu (Come back) – Luiz Ejlli
- Një ditë shprese (One hopeful day) – Frederik Ndoci
- Jehona (Echo) – Na
- Me ty (With you) – Klodian Kacani
- Natë e pare (First night) – Venera Lumani & Lindi Islami
- Mikja ime (My friend) – Blerina Braka
- Ëndërrat janë ëndërra (Dreams are dreams) – Xhejsi Jorgaqi
- Kur qielli qan (When the sky cries) – Xhejn & Enxhi Kumrija
- Princesha (The Princess) – Lynx
- Ti mungon (You’re missing) – Marjeta Billo
- Grua (Wife) – Sajmir Braho
- Në zemër (In the heart) – Rezarta Smaja
- Vetëm për ty (Only for you) – Entela Zhula & Edmond Mancaku
- Nuk e di (I don’t know) – Renis Gjoka
For hosting the show, Enkel Demi will be joined by Klea Huta for the final. As for the juries they’ve also been announced: Agim Krajka (composer), Aleksander Lalo (composer), Bojken Lako (songwriter), Eriona Rushiti (composer), Hajg Zaharian (composer), Petrit Malaj (actor) and Xhevair Spahiu (songwriter).
You can watch it on this official webcast starting at 8:45 CET, but it usually doesn’t work. We recommand this link (thanks dimitri for it)! The final will be broadcasted live on the official Eurovision.tv site!
Who do you want in Copenhagen? Tell us why below and follow the final with us!