Worst Eurovision Winners Ever – Hundreds of people have voted for their personal Top 5 of the Worst Eurovision winners ever. The 5th place of each voter got one point, the 4th place 2 points and so on, the first place thus getting 5 points. The result is a ranking of all 60 Eurovision winners. In the coming days we will reveal the Top 15 of your voting. Today, our ranking comes to an end and we reveal your ‘winner’ ! It is Dima Bilan from Russia!
Russia did everything it had to do to bring the Eurovision Song Contest to Moscow. Take the runner-up of 2006, Dima Bilan, add a world-renowned team of producers (Timbaland productions) and add an Olympic gold medalist and three time world champion in figure skating (Evgeni Plushenko) and a renowned violinist (Edvin Marton) with a real Stradivarius and you claim the Eurovision crown. This systematic plan may be one of the reasons Russia is your worst Eurovision winner ever. The German commentator said: “Russia almost wants too much”. Bilan also felt the need to rip open his shirt and show his bare chest. Bilan claimed the Eurovision crown with 272 points and was congratulated by Russia’s new president Dimitri Medvedev right away.
Here is the winning performance:
- WEWE #9: Bucks Fizz – Making Your Mind Up
- WEWE #10: Sandra Kim – J’aime la Vie
- WEWE #11: Helena Paparizou – My Number One
- WEWE #12: Dana International – Diva
- WEWE #13: André Claveau – Dors, Mon Amour
- WEWE #14: Toto Cutugno – Insieme (1992)
- WEWE #15: Ruslana – Wild Dances
- Ireland: Former Irish Winners Announce Eurovision Tour