Czech Republic – It’s not a surprise at all: The Czech national broadcaster ČT has no plans to return to the Eurovision Song Contest in 2013 or even in the near future. They do not even plan to broadcast the contest next year. The country has only participated in Eurovision 3 times. Both the results of their entries (last with 0 points, second to last and last in the semi-finals) and the media coverage as well as the ratings were far from satisfactory. Furthermore, the neighbouring country Slovakia has not yet decided whether to participate or not. The Slovak national broadcaster suffers financial difficulties and the country was not able to qualify from the semi-finals, yet. Stay tuned for more information.
Sources: ESCportal.cz, eurofire.blog.de
- Eurovision 2013: TVE Must Choose Between Soccer and ESC
- Eurovision 2013: It’s Malmö!
- Eurovision 2013: New Rules May Exclude Belarus, Azerbaijan or even Russia
- Eurovision 2013: 12 Million Euro Budget
- Eurovision 2013: SVT Explains Malmö Choice: ‘Size Isn’t Everything’