Sweden – The dream couple of Swedish schlager no longer exists. The Swedish Eurovision entrant of 2011, Eric Saade, and Melodifestivalen competitor Molly Sandén have broken up. Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet reports that Eric Saade has changed his facebook status to “Single”. The two singers have not celebrated Christmas or the New Year together. Just months ago they had bought a flat in Stockholm and had gotten alias’ to protect their private life from their fans.
Molly will thus not have the emotional support for her Melodifestivalen this year that she gave Eric last year. The couple had been together for three years. Particular reasons for their break-up were not revealed, but Eric’s ambitions to start an international career may have been a strain.
ET: This is the first post of our new contributor escgossip. Welcome to the team!
- Sweden: The Full Line-Up for Melodifestivalen 2012 (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Melodifestivalen 2012: Danny Saucedo, RedOne, Frederik Kempe Return (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Melodifestivalen Rumors: Charlotte Perrelli, Afro-Dite, Marie Serneholt to Compete (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Melodifestivalen: First Part of Participants Revealed (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Your Eurovision Moment 2011: Lena’s Return (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)