Ireland – amazon.co.uk has released a snippet of the Jedward’s entry for the Irish national final for the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. Here you can listen to the song. It had been announced earlier that X-Factor star Rebecca Creighton would join the Jedward twins in their quest to represent Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest. There is no female voice to be heard in the snippet so we have to wait for more detailed information about how Rebecca will be integrated into the song. The twins and Creighton had already discussed a musical collaboration after meeting backstage at one of the X-Factor shows. “They have a great following but I know they get a mixed reaction and not everyone loves them. They’re just two young boys having the craic. People have to listen to the song first before deciding whether they like it or not and not just switch off because it’s them. I hope they’ll support us,” Rebacca said.
UPDATE: The snippet has been removed from amazon. You may listen to it here!
RTÉ, the Irish national broadcaster has already announced the titles, composers and writers of the 5 songs vying to represent Ireland in Düsseldorf. Apart from the Jedward Twins and Rebecca Creighton, the Vard Sisters, Nikki Kavanagh and Don Mescall as well as newly formed quartet will perform their songs on February 11. The Irish entry will be chosen in a special edition of the Late Late Show. Each of the artists will be coached by a special Irish show business personality. These are the songs:
- Don Mascall – Talking with Jennifer (Ronan Hardiman & Don Mescall); Mentor: Ronan Hardiman
- Jedward – Lipstick (Dan Priddy, Martin Larsson, Lars Jensen) ; Mentor: Caroline Downey-Desmond
- TBA – Shine on (Patrick Mahoney); Mentor: Willie Kavanagh
- The Vard Sisters – Send me an angel (Liam Lawton); Mentor: Liam Lawton
- Nikky Kavanagh – Falling (Jonas Gladikoff, Hanif Sabzevari, Christina Schilling, Camilla Gottschalck) ; Mentor: David Hayes
Ireland will compete in the second semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest on May 12. In our own pre-Eurovision competition “The Eurovision Knockout 2011” Ireland will compete in Heat 5 against Greece and San Marino.
You may also like: