Serbia – The identities of the 15 artists that will compete in this year’s Serbian Beosong competition have finally been confirmed by national broadcaster RTS. All 15 participants will compete in a semi-final on March 2nd. The top 5 will go forward to the national final the next day on March 3rd. Televoters will choose the winner. Have a look at the 15 hopefuls…
All artists had to be Serbian. Here’s the 15 finalists, the song they will sing.
1. “Moja svetlosti” – Igor Terzija
2. “Što prolazim” Dušan Zrnić
3. “Za tebe živim” Kristina Savić
4. “Savršen kraj” Aleksandra Dabić
5. “Usne kadifa” Kal
6. “Tren” Žarko Stepanov
7. “Svetla pale se za nas” Ksenija Kočetova
8. “Blagoslov” Maja Nikolić
9. “Spas” Dušan Svilar
10. “Ruža od baruta” Nenad Milosavljević
11. “Anđeo s neba” Maja Odžaklijevska
12. “Halo” Marija Mihajlović
13. “Ljubav je svuda” Mirna Radulović, Nevena Božović, Sara Jovanović
14. “Magija” – SKY’s (girl band – Ksenija Knežević, Dana Gašić Gavaja, Anđela Vujović)
15. “Duga u tvojim očima” Saška Janković
The 15 songs were internally chosen by a Serbian jury inclusing Biljana Krstić (music editor), Momčilo Bajagić (musician, composer), Vladimir Maričić (composer, pianist), Dragoslav Stanisavljević (music editor) and Dobroslav Predić (music editor).
Here’s a look at some of the artists. As in many countries this year there are many young contestants who have recently found fame in singing contests such as Idol, The Voice etc as well as some older and well established national acts.
Igor Terzija – There are several videos online of his time competing in Serbia’s Prvi glas Srbije (The Voice) singing contest last year
Dušan Zrnić – Made his name on Serbian Idol in 2008.
Aleksandra Dabić found fame on The Voice last year
Maja Nikolić has entered Beosong previously and courts some controversy with her love of showing off her body.
Dušan Svilar is another who came to fave via Idol
Nenad Milosavljević (of Galija) will be one of the most famous artists performing at Beosong this year. His very famous Yugoslav rock band was formed in the 1970s.
Maja Odžaklijevska was well known across the former Yugoslavian states in the 1980s.
Mirna Radulović, Nevena Božović, Sara Jovanović – These are the three finalists of the 2012/2013 season of “The Voice”
SKY’s – This is Dana, a finalist from this year’s Serbia’s Got Talent show, with two of her high school friends.
Saška Janković – another one from The Voice
- Serbia: Mirna Radulovic Confirms Participation (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)