Worst Eurovision Winners Ever – Hundreds of people have voted for their personal Top 5 of the Worst Eurovision winners ever. The 5th place of each voter got one point, the 4th place 2 points and so on, the first place thus getting 5 points. The result is a ranking of all 60 Eurovision winners. In the coming days we will reveal the Top 15 of your voting. Today we continue with a versatile, young lady from Latvia.
2002 was Latvia’s year. Marie N., a young singer from Riga performed a Salsa-style song, in which she tells her lover numerous things she would like to be for him. The song is most notable for its performance on the night. Marie N. wears a white suite and black shirt at the beginning, which is being ripped off of her during the performance (first jacket, then shirt, then trousers) to reveal a pink short dress. In the last moments of the song, two the backing dancers pull the hem of the dress down and reaveal it to be a long dress. I wanna did not have any impact on the European charts and remains one of the least successful Eurovision winners ever.
Here is the winning performance:
Do you agree with this choice? And what do you think: Who has taken the crown and is the Worst Eurovision Winner Ever?
- WEWE #9: Bucks Fizz – Making Your Mind Up
- WEWE #10: Sandra Kim – J’aime la Vie
- WEWE #11: Helena Paparizou – My Number One
- WEWE #12: Dana International – Diva
- WEWE #13: André Claveau – Dors, Mon Amour
- WEWE #14: Toto Cutugno – Insieme (1992)
- WEWE #15: Ruslana – Wild Dances
- Ireland: Former Irish Winners Announce Eurovision Tour