Iceland – The Icelandic national broadcaster RÚV has confirmed its participation in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö. Furthermore, the channel will choose the Icelandic entry through the national selection Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins once more. It has not been confirmed yet how many rounds will be held and how many singers will participate. In recent years there were three semi-finals with 5 songs each and a final in Reykjavik. In the last years the entry also had to be performed in Icelandic during the national selection. However, for Eurovision, the winning entries were always completely translated into English.
Here is Iceland’s latest entry of 2012:
- Eurovision 2013: It’s Malmö!
- Eurovision 2013: 12 Million Euro Budget
- Eurovision 2013: SVT Explains Malmö Choice: ‘Size Isn’t Everything’
- Eurovision 2013: TVE Must Choose Between Soccer and ESC
- Eurovision 2013: Split Over Three Cities?