And What Is…Doing? – She wowed Eurovision fans, viewers and the audience at Moscow’s Olympiski Arena in 2009 with her song “Et S’il Fallait Le Faire“, which for some fans became a modern classic of the Eurovision Song Contest. This fall Patricia Kaas will return to the spotlight with a very special project: “Kaas Chante Piaf” (“Kaas Sings Piaf”) is her personal tribute to arguably the biggest female star of French music, the renowned Edith Piaf.
An album of 20 cover songs will be released in November 2012, commemorating the 50th anniversary of Piaf’s death. Accompanied by a symphonic orchestra of 80 musicians, Kaas will cover world hits such as Non, je ne regrette rien or La vie en rose. Golden Globe nominated producer Abel Korzeniowski will supervise the project, which is set to be released on November 5. From then on, Kaas will promote the album on a World Tour,which will be initiated in London’s Royal Albert Hall and will bring her to Berlin, New York’s Carnegie Hall and the Olympia in Paris.
Here is her Eurovision entry of 2009:
Source= escflashmalta.com; Official website: Patricia Kaas
- An Appreciation: Edith Piaf (1915 – 1963) (timbrosnan.wordpress.com)
- Eurovision 2013: TVE Must Choose Between Soccer and ESC (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Eurovision 2013: It’s Malmö! (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Eurovision 2013: SVT Explains Malmö Choice: ‘Size Isn’t Everything’ (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Editorial: The UK and Eurovision: Should 1 Become 4? (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)