Denmark – The Danish national broadcaster DR revealed the rules for the 2013 Danish national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest in nearby Malmö. Interested songwriters can submit their entries until September 24. All songs can not have been published before September 1 (in keeping with EBU rules). Six of the submitted songs will go on to the national final Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2013, with 4 more being invited through wildcards by DR. Foreign songwriters are allowed to enter, but they have to cooperate with a Danish composer or artist.
“We would like to continue the positive development of the Grand Prix, where the songs are modern… Dansk Melodi Grand Prix is not the same as ten years ago. We want hits, which are up to date and are the sounds of 2013,” DR Entertainment manager Jan Lagermand Lundme said.
- Eurovision 2013: It’s Malmö!
- Eurovision 2013: 12 Million Euro Budget
- Norway: First Details for Melodi Grand Prix 2013
- Eurovision 2013: SVT Explains Malmö Choice: ‘Size Isn’t Everything’
- Eurovision 2013: New Rules May Exclude Belarus, Azerbaijan or even Russia