Sweden – As usual, the Swedish national broadcaster SVT does not lose any time to prepare for its biggest event of the year: Melodifestivalen. The Swedish national final will have an even bigger significance as the home entry will have to be chosen this year. The rules for the competition have now been published.
In September amateur composers may upload their songs to SVT’s website. One of the submission will go on to compete in Melodifestivalen. 15 more songs will come from an open submission of professional songwriters and another 16 songs will be directly invited by SVT. The webjoker competition will not be held this year, though. Foreign composers may only submit entries if they cooperate with Swedish songwriters.
- Eurovision 2013: Split Over Three Cities? (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Editorial: How Should the Next German Eurovision Hopeful Be Chosen? (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Danny Saucedo: I Would Have Won Too! (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- Sweden: The Downfall of Danny Saucedo (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- ‘Melodifestivalen is a part of Swedish culture I always admired’ (thelocal.se)