Ireland – The Irish national broadcaster RTÉ is expected to soon solve the mystery concerning the participants of the Irish national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. The broadcaster, shall announce the five competitors on February 9, during the radio program Mooney. One of them will have the honor of flying the Irish flag in Baku. Two competitors are already known: One of them will be the hyperactive twins of Jedward, who will be mentored by the winner of ESC 1992, Linda Martin. Donna McCaul, who represented Ireland in ESC 2005 with her brother Joe, will try her luck again. The other three performers are not yet disclosed by the broadcaster. However, the girl duo Barbarellas is expected to compete as well.
Ireland will perform in the second half of the first semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest, on May 22.
- Ireland: Donna McCaul Faces Jedward in Eurosong
- Ireland: Jedward Recording Eurosong Entry this Week
- Nikki Kavanagh: No Point in Entering Eurosong 2012 as “Jedward Will Walk It”
- Ireland: Jedward Flooded With Possible Entries for Eurovision
- Ireland: Will Anyone Challenge Jedward This Year?
- Jedward: The UK’s Only Chance to Win Eurovision Is Us Representing It
- Ireland: Linda Martin Calls in Police over Twitter Imposter